Things have finally been cooking with our plans for our finished home! Our story begins back in January of 2013, when we finally decided to kick things off with an architect to put in a development application (DA) with our council to further modify & extend the house to make room for a full family. You see, we had decided to expand the occupancy at Probert Street around that time. Little did we know we were in for a bit of an unexpected development!
We went through a pretty abbreviated selection process to find an architect. A friend of ours had been to a "Speed Date a Sustainability Expert" session and recommended that to us. We weren't able to make it to one, but we checked out the website and really liked the look of Anderson Architecture. We tried shopping around for a few others for due diligence purposes, but Anderson really had the right style that we liked, so in the end we signed on with them and gave them our overly detailed brief!
With the help of a heritage architect and some clever rework by Anderson Architecture, we were able to tweak our plans by lowering the ceiling height downstairs and still accomplish everything we wanted to. By early July, we had our approval. But before the end of July, two little people made an unexpected early arrival!
To be continued: construction plans, interior design, demolition, and twin babies!